Is Mental Game Coaching Right for You?
When considering mental game coaching, the question you need to ask yourself is:
Am I performing up to my best capability in competition?
Here a some signs that your a mental barrier is holding you back and could benefit from our programs.
- You perform better in practice than you do in competition
- You feel anxious or scared when you perform in competition
- You over-analyze your mistakes and play tentatively in competition
- You want to win so badly that you lose focus or have mental lapses
- You compare yourself to other athletes who you think are better than you
- You lose confidence when you don’t play well
- You think about avoiding mistakes instead of thinking about performing well
- You play better on the road compared to playing on your home field
- Your self confidence/self esteem is attached to your level of success or performance
- You perform with fear of letting others down i.e. parents, team, coach
From our perspective and what we’ve learned over the years is that those athletes who win the mental battle from the outset are capable of achieving virtually anything. Those who do not will be stuck…mired in mediocrity…never realizing their true potential. Physical training alone will not guarantee your success in competition.
Our view is that you cannot separate the mental from the physical when it comes to motor skills. Decisions, thoughts, images, and feelings drive motor behavior. Mental Game Coaching helps athletes develop confidence and focusing skills in conjunction with the mastery of the technical aspects of the game.
Mental game coaching is for athletes who want to maximize their peak performance and take their games to the next level with the help of a mental game coach like myself.
Download our Free report – When Mental Game Coaching is Right For You