LET’S SMASH YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
There are two fundamental human desires that are deep within each of us – the desire to be and do our best and the desire to be significant to others, to make a difference. These desires created a catalyst for The Athletes Mental Trainer™.
Welcome to Athletes Mental Trainer, I’m passionate about helping athletes, their families, and coaches enrich their lives through sport by learning life skills, achieving high levels of performance, and enjoying their sport participation.
My Philosophy – Simple… what can be more important to an athlete than a Healthy Mind.
As an athlete and client, you’ll push the boundaries of achievement and facilitate a pathway towards success, in sport, business, and life in general. Through the implementation of a highly effective sport psychology & mental game performance program, you’ll discover how to break through the barriers that inhibit peak performance, while developing an overall growth mindset for excellence and success.
I offer exclusive mental training programs tailored to meet every athlete’s needs and help them to remove the interference from their full potential. From 1-on-1 mental training programs for individual athletes to team, parent, and organizational workshops, my holistic approach to delivering both sport psychology and sport science can be seen throughout my services that offer the best methods for improving performance.
I specialize in sports trauma resolution. The unconscious accumulation of physical and emotional traumas in an athlete’s brain and body that are the root cause of all significant performance problems. Frequently these negative experiences hold a strong emotional charge, which increase the athlete’s struggles.
“I help athletes who want to overcome slumps, yips, choking, and rejuvenate their performance to become a mentally tougher player.’
A Unique Differentiator
Athletes that lack mental toughness suffer from three BIG problems
1. Frustration: Frustration over making mistakes, suffering losses or trailing in a competition. Frustration keeps an athlete’s mind stuck in the past, preventing them from seeing the opportunities in the present to turn the tide in their favor.
2. Fear of Failure: Fear over bad outcomes or choking in critical moments in competition. Fear is future-based and, also, prevents you from focusing in the NOW or the things you need to do in the present in order to be successful.
3. Dwelling on Mistakes: Dwelling on errors is the number one distraction for athletes today. You cannot play in the present moment or stay in the zone if your mind is stuck on a missed opportunity or faulty performance. Once you begin to dwell on an error and beat yourself up, it is very hard to stop the cycle of negativity. Let go of the error (Regroup) (Reset) (Refocus) and think about the next point or play
So if you are looking to go from good to great, it is imperative that you work on your mental toughness. Mental toughness gives you a chance, and in sports, anything can happen if given the chance.
Meet Your Coach
Ken Bizup is the Athlete’s Mental Trainer™. He is a sought-after professional resource on the mindset principles that help athletes reach new levels of performance and personal success. He is a certified Mental Game Trainer, Sports Psychology Coach, and Certified Professional Sports Hypnotist specializing in Repetitive Sports Performance Problems (RSPPs) and Sports Trauma resolution. He is the founder and director of Athletes Mental Trainer™, Athletes EYEQ, the Proformance Hypnosis Center, and Sports Hypnosis Academy.
Ken is a seasoned coach and business professional with 15 years of experience working with athletes and non-athletes in both the private and public sector. His business expertise as a change management/business transformation consultant, combined with his long-standing experience as a baseball coach, allows him to equip athletes with proven strategies and skills to maximize their mental edge and improve their performance in competition while maintaining balance in their lives.
The following background checks and clearances have been completed and approved by the listed governing agencies for Ken Bizup.
– NJ State Police Background Check, Fingerprinting Cleared
– PA State Police Background Check, Fingerprinting Cleared
– PA Child Welfare – Child Abuse History Background Check Cleared